Did you know who Indians are?
Did u ever know Indians used a water clock to measure time?
Do u know that zero was invented by Indians?
Do u know that the current number system was developed in India?
Do u know Indians pioneered engineering and architecture centuries before BC?
Do u know Indians were the first to do plastic surgery?
Do u know Indians are the first one to establish a university?
Many more ….
Time to know about it…
- 5,000 year old ancient civilization
- 325 languages spoken – 1,652 dialects
- 18 official languages
- 3.28 million sq. kilometers - Area
- 7,516 kilometers - Coastline
- 5600 dailies, 15000 weeklies and 20000 periodicals in 21 languages with a combined circulation of 142 million.
- World’s largest democracy.
- World-class recognition in IT, bio-technology and space.
- Largest English speaking nation in the world.
- 3rd largest standing army force, over 1.5Million strong.
- 2nd largest pool of scientists and engineers
A snapshot of Indians at the helm of leading Global businesses
- The Co-founder of Sun Microsystems (Vinod Khosla),
- Creator of Pentium Chip (Vinod Dahm),
- Founder and creator of Hotmail (Sabeer Bhatia),
- Chief Executive of McKinsey & Co. (Rajat Gupta)
- President and CFO of Pepsi Cola (Indra Nooyi)
- President of United Airlines (Rono Dutta)
- GM of Hewlett Packard (Rajiv Gupta)
- President and CEO of US Airways (Rakesh Gangwal)
- Chief Executive of CitiBank (Victor Menezes),
- Chief Executives of Standard Chartered Bank (Rana Talwar)
- Chief Executive officer of Vodafone (Arun Sarin)
- President of AT & T-Bell Labs (Arun Netravali)
- Vice-Chairman and founder of Juniper Networks (Pradeep Sindhu)
- Founder of Bose Audio (Amar Bose)
- Founder, chip designer Cirrus Logic (Suhas Patil )
- Chairman and CEO of Computer Associates (Sanjay Kumar)
- Head of (HPC WorldWide) of Unilever Plc. (Keki Dadiseth)
- Chief Executive Officer of HSBC (Aman Mehta)
- Director and member of Executive Board of Goldman Sachs (Girish Reddy)
- Chief Economist of the International Monetary Fund (Raghuram Rajan)
- Former CTO of Novell Networks (Kanwal Rekhi)
Indian’s in USA:
Statistics that show:
38% of doctors in the USA,
12% of scientists in the USA,
36% of NASA scientists,
34% of Microsoft employees,
28% of IBM employees,
17% of INTEL scientists,
13% of XEROX employees,
… are Indians.
- Of the 1.5M Indians living in the USA, 1/5th of them live in the Silicon Valley.
- 35% of Silicon Valley start-ups are by Indians.
- Indian students are the largest in number among foreign students in USA.
US H1-B Visa applicants country of origin
1. India 44%
2. China 9%
3. Britain 5%
4. Philippines 3%
5. Canada 3%
6. Taiwan 2%
7. Japan 2%
8. Germany 2%
9. Pakistan 2%
10. France 2%
Orbes' 2008 Top Ten Richest Billionaires in the World:
In worlds top ten, Indian – 4, US-2, Russian -1, Mexican-1, Sweden -1, German - 1
1. Warren Buffett, US, 62 billion dollars (investment/Berkshire Hathaway)
2. Carlos Slim Helu, Mexico, 60 billion dollars (telecom, banking, tobacco)
3. Bill Gates, US, 58 billion dollars (Microsoft)
4. Lakshmi Mittal, India, 45 billion dollars (steel)
5. Mukesh Ambani, India, 43 billion dollars (petrochemicals)
6. Anil Ambani, India, 42 billion dollars (energy)
7. Ingvar Kamprad, Sweden, 31 billion dollars (Ikea)
8. K.P. Singh, India, 30 billion dollars (real estate)
9. Oleg Deripaska, Russia, 28 billion dollars (aluminium)
10. Karl Albrecht, Germany, 27 billion dollars (retail).
Indians among oldest in the world to lose virginity: (Oct 2007)
The Austrians taste it as early as at 17.3 years and the Americans at 18 years. But the people in Asian countries lose their virginity at a much older age. While the average age is 22.1 years for the Chinese and 23 years for Malaysians, the Indians go for it at an average age of 22.9 years.